Thursday, March 31, 2011

The End of a Hard Month

March was a hard and sad month. Andrea's father passed away on March 6th. We both went to Edmonton for his final days and his very moving funeral. Andrea stayed for several more weeks to be with family and work on a project for a friend. It was hard to be apart as we were both going through so many emotions and thoughts about life and death and family.
Now we're finally reunited and trying to get our heads back into daily life and our plans for the future. Needless to say glass hasn't been forefront in our minds this month but we have submitted a few applications for later this year. And I'd like to share a little idea-sketch I made (at the hospital, actually, during part of the four-day bedside vigil) of a flat-backed orchid design. I hope to be able to post a finished version of it sometime next month. It's good to have projects!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I don't get your sketch cause I'm glass illiterate, but I love seeing your process. All the best to you and Andrea. We will be celebrating spring soon.