Thursday, April 15, 2010

Florals with New Stamen Cane

As promised in my last post, here are the latest photos of my recent batch of floral beads! They all feature the newer 27-element stamen that I made a few weeks ago.

Landini Lily
The fattest of the batch! Named after a deep red Asiatic lily, this one has some pleasant swirliness to it and a fabulous background with my handmade reactive blue cane.



Green Dragon Amaryllis
This is the smallest of the batch - cute yet intense. I really like the colour combination using reactive cane, rubino and silver. Stay tuned for a bigger version in this same colour scheme because I love it so.



Asterid
This one is the tallest and most tapered of the batch. The background was made with red and orange enamel that turned yellow. It was unexpected but the result reminds me of veins of quartz granite and gold in a prospector's mine!



I actually made an even newer stamen cane on Monday with a super-miniaturized black inner layer, yellow, orange and dark green mid-layers and outer layer of pink petals. I haven't tested it in a bead and I'm super-curious to see how it'll look. Stay tuned for the results, PLUS some info on how I make my stamen canes!

No comments: