Monday, May 4, 2009

May!

The show at Susan's was a rousing success! We met lots of old and new friends and customers. Susan is such a wonderful hostess and her home is so lovely. We said goodbye to some of our favorite pieces from late 2008 and early 2009. It can be hard to let certain pieces go! Goodbye, Danube floral! Goodbye, brand-new reactive stripy bead that I just made that Susan liked, so I gave it to her as a hostess gift! It didn't even have a name yet... *melodramatic sigh!* ;) But they all went to such good homes that I am comforted. :)

I taught a Beadmaking 1 class on Saturday at Prairie Stained Glass and two of my students came to the show the next day to check us out, which was sweet! I'm teaching again next week, a Beadmaking 2 class! There are still a few spaces but I don't mind a small class.

I can't believe it's May - last year our garden was really blooming by this time, but this year we only have a few early bulbs up. However, this weekend it really started to feel like summer. Beautiful warm sun... The world is starting to get green again after our grueling late spring and I'm so grateful!

Our next big project is the Winnipeg Folk Festival. It's only two months away! We need to increase our stock by 50-100% by then, so we'll definitely be keeping busy. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi ...
out visiting tonight..
just found your awesome blog..
hope you both have a wonderful weekend...
mona & the girls

Hearts of Glass said...

Thanks Mona! I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit! :)

Paul Collard said...

I love your Blog. It has a beautiful presentation. You are so gifted.
And thank you for that unnamed bead that you had just created. i didn't realize that i had picked out such a dear bead. I am honored to have received it. Thank you.
We did have a fantastic weekend at the Artisan Open house. I am so exhausted by the end, I need a couple days to digest and resurface.
We did it again.....

Hearts of Glass said...

Hi Susan! I would hardly want to give you a bead I didn't like, would I? ;) And I try to take photos of all my "babies" so I can remember them when they go to their new homes. I'm glad you're recovering from the rush of the show. It was amazing.